Here's how you can get back the Windows startup sound:
Still no joy after installation then reinstallation...the add ons I see are as follows..
AVG Safe Search
Java Quick Starter
Microsoft Net Framework Assistant
Move Media Player
The thing is Windows doesn't even have the little start up tune anymore either? Do you what I mean, yet Spotify, Itunes, Apple Quicktime all seem to be working. I'm really ready to get all *HULK SMASHY* on the damn thing!
Start > Settings > Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > Sounds > Choose Start Windows
under Program events > Choose Windows XP Startup
under sounds >Apply and OK. Back to the Firefox issue:
1. Verify that cookies are enabled in the Privacy panel in the Options > Preferences window. Verify that the site is not blocked in the Cookie Exceptions list.
2. You can allow the website as an exception in the Firefox pop-up blocker. The "Block pop-up windows" option is found in the Content panel in the Options > Preferences window.
3. Do you have the QuickTime plugin installed? If not, please do install it.
4. Make sure you follow this to uninstall and re-install the flash plugin. Uninstall flash plugin
5. Create a new profile in Firefox. Creating a new profile
6. If the above fails, try this Firefox - No sound
Let us know if the above worked.
Edited by ReviverSoft, 10 December 2009 - 05:16 PM.