Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet connection problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Herbs

Herbs

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 05 December 2009 - 05:47 AM

My 2 year old was playing typer typerton on my wifes computer. We had problems turning it on. Finaly it boots up now we have the icon in the bottom right showing it has connection to router. My laptop has Internet, how im typing this :thumbsup: my xbox has internet. but my wifes computer keeps saying it cannont connect to the internet and to reset local area adapter. im guessing this is the modem/router i have done this probably 20 times.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:42 AM

No its talking about the adapter in your wife's PC. What I would do is just restore the PC back before he got his fingers on the keyboard. I say that because its fast and easy.

My other recommendation is to look in Device manager for the name of the adapter, get the driver off the net, sneaker net it over to her PC(use a thumb drive to copy it from your laptop to her PC) then uninstall the adapter from device manager, reboot the PC and install the new driver. Still fairly easy.

Up to you.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users