Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

freeze on startup

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 snigg

snigg

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 12 August 2005 - 12:21 AM

hey guys i am new to this for browsin the web looking for a place that i could possibly get some help... ok i just put together a new comp and umong startup everything wen fine i inserted the win xp install disc everything was going good then it just wouldnt recognize the disc anymore kept saying plz insert copy of win xp.. the disc was alraedy in the drive so i hit ok and it just kept giving me the same error so i aborted the install rebooted my computer and upon startup if freezes on the screen where it gives the specs of the computer and says.... PCI device listening.... any suggest plz help a noob out thanks

Mod Edit - Moved to appropriate forum - Leurgy

Edited by Leurgy, 12 August 2005 - 07:52 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MajorFatCat

MajorFatCat

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 13 August 2005 - 07:40 AM

Your windows XP cd could be corrupted or your CD-Rom could use some cleaning. :thumbsup:
MaJoRfAtCaT

In Malware Business

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users