Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus System Pro is in my computer! Quite annoying!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 molly41682

molly41682

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 AM

Posted 04 December 2009 - 03:07 PM

I've googled "Antivirus Pro system removal" and found some steps to remove it. But this virus doesn't label itself so easily and I'm having trouble finding the files that it is in. I've searched my drive C for "Antivirus system pro" and "uninstall.exe" and "sysguard.exe" as suggested by a few websites. I have Iolo on my computer and when it scans it comes up with nothing found. I know there is a virus, it's asking me to pay for it's software to remove the damned thing. I know a little about computers but not a lot. My husband knows more but he works. I re-started the computer and began the stupid virus. So, what is next? It also will not allow us to back up the hard drive. Do I need to burn what I can to discs?

I have also Tried following the advise given to other posts in this forum that are having the same trouble with this virus. I am at the step of trying to get rkill onto my computer. What is rkill? I have super anitspyware and win32diag on my flash drive and cannot get either of them to open on my computer. I will try too re-name them and open them again.

Rkill is on the flasdrive and I think it's on my computer. It flashes and I try running superspyware.

Super antispyware is on my computer and so far the virus is not showing it's face. I'll keep you posted. PS: I'm between rooms and computers at the moment. Thanks!

Edited by molly41682, 04 December 2009 - 04:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:14 PM

Rkill is used when your computer will not let a scan to run to completion
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users