Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tower clicks

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Farrix

Farrix

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 04 December 2009 - 03:52 AM

Since i installed windows 7 my tower started just randomly making that click/tick noise it makes just as your shutting it down or booting it up, the case doesnt restart, just get this weird click noise, in explicable really, just started happening since i updated from 7 and ive no idea if its my PSU or mobo showing signs of early wear or maybe if 7 has a fan controller or something i dont know about that keeps kickin in and out on one of my onboards, im still clueless as to why it came up, and i know this probably isnt the most informative post, but even to know if anyone else has it happen as well would be wonderful

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:51 AM

You are going to need to remove the side of the case and try to isolate the noise
A clicking sound is usually related to hard drive problems. Often called the click of death

http://datacent.com/hard_drive_sounds.php
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Farrix

Farrix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:36 PM

i've narrowed it down to PSU mobo or one of my back case fans, both my HDDs seems fine and arent making any abnormal noise, the HDDs are only a 1.5yrs old

#4 Farrix

Farrix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:45 PM

it sounds like the powerdown click, like just before it shuts off it makes a double click really close together, almost like kicking into standby but not, i still cannot figure out what is causing it or which piece of hardware is making it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users