Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP HELP HELP!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Stimp11

Stimp11

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 11 August 2005 - 07:13 PM

Please help...I don't know what is wrong AT ALL

I turned on my computer, checked my email (NO I did not open any attachments), sent email. Opened Internet Explorer..accessed Amazon .com and suddenly my computer blinked.
ALL of the icons, the bar at the bottom and the start menu disappeared. The wallpaper remains. I can only access the box that comes up w/ control+alt+delete
I restarted..same thing..NO icons, etc
I turned off, unplugged, replugged, restarted...same thing
started in safe mode...it starts scrolling all this info and then it gets stuck on:

multi(0)disk(0)partiion(1)\Windows\System32\Drivers\Mup.sys

I have tried this multiple times.
I have Windows XP Home edition.

PLEASE HELP ASAP...I am at the library using their computer to try and get info

PS...some time near the "blink" my Stopzilla informed me it had a new update...nothing unusual with this..I get updates at least 2 x a week...but???

I have norton internet security and spybot w/teatimer enables at all times...I can't even access these...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stimp11

Stimp11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 12 August 2005 - 08:23 AM

Ok...with time running out on my library stay and my stress level through the ceiling (I had just loaded my vacation pictures and they are the ONLy thing not saved on a disk and I didn't want to lose them for reasons you don't want to hear) I searched google for similar pleas for help...I discovered :
cntrl+alt+ deletetyping explorer.exe in the task manager (new task ) box might help...so i drove home hoping this would work...

Well, it did, kind of my icons flickered into view and then vanished again...SO

I remembered the Stopzilla update and thought..hmmm was the update corrupted???

SO I ctrl alt delte- new task and BROWSE hoping I could figure out how to end stopzilla...

I ended up in my Stpozilla folder and uninstalled it....nothing

then I ctrl alt delete-new task and typed explorer.exe and
IT WORKED!!!!!!!

SO...my reason for posting my success story is...Is Stopzilla corrupted? Can you recommend a better free pop-up blocker?? Or even a cheap one??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users