Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security Tool

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sherrane

sherrane

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:59 PM

Okay, now I know probably you've all been faced with this problem before from other people. However, I'm in a total panic because I've been searching online for some answers and can't find anything and have to resort into asking my own specific problem to this nasty virus.

First off, let me inform you that I have researched and researched various kinds of solutions but I cannot seem to get my computer to work properly.

With this virus, I cannot see the desktop but only the taskbar. Popups galore and my computers running extremely slow. I've tried starting my computer using safemode but that doesn't help at all because once I choose the option of safemode, the computer just keeps restarting without even reaching the desktop. So that was out of the question. But I read that I can type in msconfig in the search -> run. This doesn't help as well because the computer is running so slow it makes it almost impossible to get through. I've managed to get the mbam setup into my network folders from my sisters computer. Again, the computer is too slow that it freezes when I even open a simple window. So I can't even start any virus cleaners. I can't open the taskmanager. I've gone to C:\windows\system32 and tried to change the taskmgr name and opening it but the computer AGAIN freezes up, which restricts me from continuing. It also seems that if I make too many actions into the computer in a small amount of time, the computer will just freeze up and restart.

Anyone out there please help me with this disgusting virus.

I can't open the task manager.
I can't open any windows without the computer freezing on me.
I can't go into safemode from any kind of method.
The computer is going extremely slow that it's almost impossible to do anything.

Seriously, please help. :thumbsup:

Edited by sherrane, 03 December 2009 - 10:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:51 PM

Download this file and save it to your desktop:

http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/rkill.scr

Double-click the file to run it. A command window will open briefly. Then run a quick scan with Malwarebytes. Post the Malwarebytes log.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users