Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

infected system .dlls

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Insuite

Insuite

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 AM

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:53 PM

Hiya all...

I have a number of dlls that appear to be infected and have exceptions for win defender, Avira and Adaware added to them. I discovered them (msvcr80.dll, msvcr90.dll, kernal32.dll, mpsvc.dll just to name a few) when I noticed my computer taking almost 2 minutes to boot up, it normally boots in about 30-40 secs, taking over a minute to shut down and the HD running in "rhythms" (a number of short actions followed by a much longer action, up to a minute that coincide with network activity). FireFox especially takes longer to start with an unusual amount of disc activity during load up. My router firewall seems to be keeping things at bay but I cannot be sure.

I used RKdetector and Anywhere PE for discover the "hooked" dlls.

I am running:
XP Home 32
Bioistar I45 MD
Intel 8400
4 GB RAM
1TB Caviar Black
Sapphire 4850 512MB

I have used to solve the problem (unsuccessfully)...
Avira AntiVirus
AdAware
MalWarebits
HJT
Combo Fix
Unhackme
Reanimator
Along with many reg edits and attempted file delete and renemes (used Unlocker for this)

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated ( I am really starting to not enjoy the whole refomat and reinstall win process). what ever it is, it seems very sophisticated.

Thanks,
Insuite

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users