Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with fake antivirus pop ups

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 vikram_Soccer

vikram_Soccer

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:25 PM

My wallpaper is all green. There is a big thing saying my computer is infected with trojans. All this antivirus things look fake just to get more viruses on my computer. Please help as this looks pretty bad. If i try to open task manager, i just get a msg saying "WARNING" and the fake antivirus doesnt let me access it. Please help asap Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 vikram_Soccer

vikram_Soccer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:15 PM

Now I am unable to connect to internet. The thing at the bottom of the computer just shows it flashing and saying "connecting". I am writing this from my laptop. I am actually pretty scared something is seriously wrong with my comp. Thanks

#3 vikram_Soccer

vikram_Soccer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2009 - 04:33 PM

is there anyone that can help me? thanks

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,199 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 PM

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:30 AM

Hello See if this fixes your Net issues .

Go to Start ... Run and type in cmd
A dos Window will appear.
Type in the dos window: netsh winsock reset
Click on the enter key.

Reboot your system to complete the process.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 vikram_Soccer

vikram_Soccer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2009 - 07:23 PM

i cant even open up it up. when i type in cmd in run, it opens then closes right away saying "application cannot be executed. The file is infected. Please activate your antivirus software." This does not seem too good :thumbsup: please help thanks

#6 WillShattuck

WillShattuck

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 PM

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:31 AM

Okay. This particular spyware has a list of processes that it monitors. Once it seems them launch then it causes them to stop running. It will either kill the process or kill the process and change the security permissions so it can't run again. The way round this is to copy the file and rename it. Then you can run the above commands.
  • Click Start
  • Click MY COMPUTER
  • Double click C: Drive
  • Double click the WINDOWS folder
  • Double click the SYSTEM32 folder
  • Find "cmd.exe" and right click on it. Left click on COPY
  • Next, click EDIT then PASTE
  • Scroll all the way to the right and you will find a file called "Copy of cmd.exe" or "Copy of cmd"
  • Right click on "Copy of cmd.exe" and left click on RENAME. Change the name to either "blah.exe" or "blah" if no .exe extension was found in step 8.
  • Next, double click on "blah.exe" or "blah" and it will open up a command prompt window.
At this point, you can try the command that boopme posted.

If you have Malwarebytes AntiMalware installed then you can do the same Rename Trick we did above to "mbam.exe" (name to blah.exe or any other name) and then Malwarebytes will run. If you don't have it installed, and boopme's command gets your internet running, then you can download and install Malwarebytes. Most likely you will need to rename mbam.exe in order to get it to run.

The default location for Malwarebytes is in C:\Program Files.

Let me know if the above steps worked or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users