Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SATA Hdd Not detected

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chrisMINE

chrisMINE

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:44 PM

I have 3 hdds all Wester digitals my main is a WDC WD2500 which is my computer at all times the other two are a WD 1200 and a Wd800. My problem is that my wd800 is not being detected by my mother board at all. Even though it saw it once.
Its not new but i have never used it on this computer,i mostly use it at school. Windows xp is installed on it but i want to format the drive and install windows to make the drive work for my system. i tried hitting f6 to install it with my via drivers like i have done to installed on this system but it never sees it..if i need to put mor einfo on here please let me know anyone thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ErikJM

ErikJM

• Banned Spammer
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:35 AM

Right click on My Computer, select Manage, then Disk Management. Can you see all your drives? What does it say about the problematic one?

#3 chrisMINE

chrisMINE
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2009 - 01:01 PM

wellif i could start my system up with the hdd attached i would be able to get that info. Whenever i start it up with my main hd and the one not being detected i get the BSOD. i also know its not being detected because when it displays what drives are in what sata channel it only shows my main wd2500 one, and if i connect just the wd800 one both channels appear as no device.

**i am going to look in the cmos for settings i might have missed like LBA or auto detect

**** gah no settings for SATA other than enable channel or disable channel..they're both enabled. I do have a SATA raid ROM bios its called via tech vt8237 sata raid bios. Which shows each device in what channel. but like i said before it does not show this one drive

Edited by chrisMINE, 04 December 2009 - 02:01 PM.

#4 chrisMINE

chrisMINE
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2009 - 03:17 PM

well i solved this by adding a jumper to pins 5 and 6 =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users