Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

error 1730

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zuko

zuko

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:54 PM

O/S Windows 7. I want to uninstall a 2003 version of Norton Anti Virus and I get a popup that says I have to be the Administrator, which I am and I have the guest user accoutnt on off.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gogo12

gogo12

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 AM

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:29 PM

Here Zuko,
Uninstall Ask Toolbar Error 1730 Text: Error 1730. You must be an administrator to remove this application. To remove this application, you can logon as an administrator, or contact your technical support group for assistance.

Again I was logged into the computer as an administrator and ended up having to take a bunch of extra steps to get the application to uninstall properly. I believe that Malwarebytes removed part of the application because it was labeled as spyware but it did not remove the entire application which caused part of the issue. The other part of the issue is that the Ask Toolbar acts like spyware a bit any way. Follow the steps below to remove the Ask Toolbar from your Windows Vista computer.

Have a nice day....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users