Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can't connect remotely to my server

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gib65

gib65

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:48 PM

I'm trying to establish a remote connection to my Windows Server 2003 machine from a Windows XP machine through the Web User Interface that comes standard with Windows Server. Connecting to the Web User Interface works fine but when I go to maintenance and then remote desktop, it tells me "Error connecting to server: [SERVER_NAME]. You must enable Remote Desktop on the server to use this feature."

I know for fact I have remote desktop enabled. I've connected to it through other computers on the network. The machine I'm using to connect to it has recently had its OS reinstalled and that must have something to do with the problem, but I can't pin it down any more than that.

Can someone please help me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:21 PM

Are you using Small Business Server 2003, Windows Server 2003, or the R2 Versions of either?

Where have you enabled remote desktop?

What have you tried to get this to work properly?
Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users