Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet explorer not responding

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ketanco

ketanco

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:26 PM

Hello, I get the internet exlporer not responding message very often. I use windows vista home premium intel core 2 cpu T5600 1.83 Ghz 4 Mb ram.

This problem has become more and more frequent and now it is to the point that I can almost do no internet surfing. Just today Firefox also started doing the same thing.

I have two separate questions:

1-What is going on and how can I fix it?
2-May be I will want to format my laptop. How can I format my computer? I lost the cd that came with the computer by the way, I think it was for restoring windows vista. If I format, is there a way to restore windows vista again without that cd? (By the way there is a recovery drive D on my laptop, which has about 5gb of data, is that what it is for and I will not need that cd by any chance?)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:27 PM

Reboot computer pressing F8 continuosly, when the advanced user mode page shows scroll down to Last Known Good Configuration this will reboot your comp back to a time when it last worked ok, after this is done download malwarebytes anti-malware free ( the free version is the blue download ) from this link http://www.malwarebytes.org follow the instructions to install, and let it update and run a full scan, if it finds any infections click to fix them and then reboot your comp to enable it to clear the infections out ! :huh:
Let us know how this goes !

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

#3 ketanco

ketanco
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 04 December 2009 - 05:09 AM

Reboot computer pressing F8 continuosly, when the advanced user mode page shows scroll down to Last Known Good Configuration this will reboot your comp back to a time when it last worked ok, after this is done download malwarebytes anti-malware free ( the free version is the blue download ) from this link http://www.malwarebytes.org follow the instructions to install, and let it update and run a full scan, if it finds any infections click to fix them and then reboot your comp to enable it to clear the infections out ! :huh:
Let us know how this goes !

I could not get past the first step. Nothing happens when I press F8 continuously or hitting it repeatedly either.

#4 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:57 AM

What about pressing and holding down F5 !

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users