Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser repeatedly launching

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Blacknose

Blacknose

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:54 AM

I've been having a problem for a few days with my browser repeatedly spamming instances of its self each with gibberish URLs and the directory I have firefox installed to in separate tab. The URLs are always the same, however when this first started (2 days ago) the URLs were bizarrely all for the genuine financial times website.

Earlier this week my PC became infected with antivirus system pro, which I successfully removed, however this started shortly afterwards. I do not know if it's related or not. I use avast antivirus which finds nothing, malwarebytes antimalware which finds nothing and have also tried spybot s&d which similarly finds nothing.

My most recent malwarebytes log is as follows:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.41
Database version: 3285
Windows 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2

03/12/2009 15:26:07
mbam-log-2009-12-03 (15-26-07).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 97034
Time elapsed: 9 minute(s), 57 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

I can't see any unusual processes running but I guess that doesn't mean anything. Also it seems like my PC may be running slightly slow, but that could be my imagination.

I can't find anything consistant about the problem, it can go hours not doing anythign then spam 100 windows in a minute. I've tried everything I can think of at this point and honestly could us some advice.

edit: I will attach an image of the offending windows when it next occurs.
Posted Image

Just to add something - I think that when this first happened Adobe Acrobat tried to launch in the browser followed by this problem beginning. I'm guessing that may be where this originated.

Edited by Blacknose, 03 December 2009 - 11:17 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users