Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

my hand is out of business :(

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 11 August 2005 - 03:20 PM

Posted Image
NOT my hand just to show what the thumb spica looks like... the doc told me it is tendinidous. i have to keep it on for a week :thumbsup: . this has put me on a fork in the road. i can either play CS1.6 and get it worse, or not play CS1.6 and heal up.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 11 August 2005 - 04:11 PM

OMG You poor thing. :thumbsup: My advice is to bite the bullet and let the darn thing heal.
Posted Image

#3 legoman786

legoman786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2005 - 05:11 PM

OMG You poor thing.

OMG u sound like my mom

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#4 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2005 - 05:25 PM

LOL Just lookin' out for you dude. :thumbsup: Just think, if you do not let it heal, there will even be less CS1.6 in your future. :flowers:

I have had tennis elbow before, sorta the same thing. I know it can hurt and be a drag to wear a brace thing.
Posted Image

#5 legoman786

legoman786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2005 - 05:33 PM

do u know how it feels to have this thing on the left hand while being a lefty??? i also had my left arm broken once too. i think the big man upstairs is trying to tell me something...

- Rick Cook

#6 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 11 August 2005 - 06:20 PM

Yeah I would also just bite the bulletand try to get the good scores once your arm is better.

#7 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2005 - 06:24 PM

I've had the same problem from using a mouse too much. It forced me to learn a lot of keyboard shortcuts to remove the repetitive strain and now I use them all the time (along with the mouse) and its not been a problem for a long time. Not sure what browser you use but a list of shortcuts can be found here.

Are there any keyboard moves you can use with your game?

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#8 legoman786

legoman786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2005 - 06:32 PM

leurgy i know every move there is for the game. its just my other choice is use the mouse wheel for the jump command andi dont wanna use it.

- Rick Cook

#9 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 12 August 2005 - 01:41 PM

I had the same problem back when I use to play games. I stopped playing games, and most of my problems have gone. ...I am still on my computer 12 hours a day though..

Take care of your wrist... look at this article...
Man dies after playing video games

Edited by Joshuacat, 12 August 2005 - 01:43 PM.

JC

#10 Supermart57

Supermart57

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2005 - 01:51 PM

I developed an RSI in my right hand through using a mouse all day long for a CAD design package. I was surprised how quickly I adapted to using the mouse with my left hand although I kept the right hand button settings. The RSI has more or less gone and now I use the mouse with either hand without any difficulty.

Try using the mouse with your other hand until the inflammation dies down.

Better still try something other than playing computer games - difficult to believe but there is a life away from the screen!
I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers

#11 legoman786

legoman786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2005 - 04:02 PM

um.... i use my right hand for the mouse, if you didnt know. most of the problem was using the SPACE bar too much. CounterStrike requires LOTS of jumping.

- Rick Cook

#12 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,724 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2005 - 04:43 PM

Hope your hand gets well soon, but I really posted to add to your sig...

Optimistic - The glass if half-full.
Pessimistic - The glass is half-empty
Me - There is water in a glass. Deal with it.

Engineer - The glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
Derfram
~~~~~~

#13 legoman786

legoman786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2005 - 05:45 PM

thanx man

and i love the addition to my sig, lol

- Rick Cook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users