Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mozilla Firefox Frustration.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TQUAD

TQUAD

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:38 AM

More help needed,
I recently updated my version of Mozilla Firefox and now it does things I don't want it to do and that it did not do before. I would like to know if it can be changed.
First, when I am at any website that takes longer than a Mozilla Firefox predetermined amount of time to respond, the browser quits trying to connect and displays a 'Network Timeout' page and says try again later. The websites I am trying to access are quite popular and run on a 'First come First serve' basis. When Firefox quits trying I go to the end of the line and have to wait three or four times longer. I want to be the one who decides when the browser should quit. Is there any way to defeat this 'Feature' of Mozilla Firefox? It's extremely irritating and time consuming. I am using Mozilla Firefox because all the pro's say it is much less vulnerable to attack from virus and other hostile things like pop-ups and malware compared to Internet Explorer.
Second, whenever I wish to go back one page now it displays a grey box saying 'Resend' or 'Cancel' and I have to click on the 'Resend' button in order to go back one page. This is also extremely irritating and a waste of time. It also did not do this before. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling an older version but that does not work and the 'Feature' is still there. Again, is there any way to eliminate this? I've also tried contacting Mozilla Firefox but after 6 months they have 'Network Timed Out'. I still like Firefox much better than Internet Explorer so if they can't be changed I will have to live with the updates but it would be so much nicer if they could be eliminated. Any help will be appreciated.
TQUAD

Edited by TQUAD, 03 December 2009 - 02:43 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,009 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:03 PM

I'm moving this topic to the Web Browsing/Email and Other Internet Applications for you where folks who focus one these issues hang out.

~ OB
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users