Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please help with TV display

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 xesvuli420

xesvuli420

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:36 AM

Well I had a HP ze4115 hooked to my 56" RCA DVI HDTV (D56W20) with a S-Video cable. It was blurry but it was the best I could do with that laptop.

With the HP, 800x600 was the best looking res. for my TV. Like I said, it was blurry, but it did take up the entire screen.

I decided to buy a new laptop, and since hooking it to my TV was the number 1 priority, this time I picked out a laptop with a VGA, AND HDMI output. (Nothing new has a DVI output) However both the VGA, and the HDMI both have converter cables to DVI.

So I got excited, and bought a HDMI to DVI cable, expecting a HUGE difference over the S-video. Both laptop, and TV are HDCP complient so I got lucky.

Well, now I got everything hooked up, but there is a problem! For some reason with the HDMI-DVI hookup, my TV display looks like its been zoomed out, and it flickers ALOT (see attachment below)

Someone please help me out, I don't know what to do, at this point, I miss my S-video! but if this laptop isn't going to work, then I need to take it back.

I have this thread set to Instant Email Notification, So I will be standing buy to answer any questions you have. Please help me figure this mess out!

Thanks in advance!
Posted Image

ok, Some how I tricked the computer into going into a 720x480 display that took up the entire screen. Actually it is a little TOO BIG (pictured below).

At first when I went to 720x480 it stayed the same, but I set the display up to "extend" instead of "clone", then went on the display settings and changed it.

Then I put it back to "clone" and it stayed large. If I could just find a way to resize the display a hair, I could live with the HUGE MENUS.

Seriously the display on the TV looks great, just a little to big
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xesvuli420

xesvuli420
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:14 PM

Just found out that when I close the lid on the laptop, the screen on the TV jumps back to the zoomed out one like in picture 1. When I open the lid, the display comes back. Problem is The lid will always be closed so it defeats my purpose.

Edited by xesvuli420, 03 December 2009 - 01:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users