Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Comodo accept or block? Firewall Log Inside

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DeepCover5

DeepCover5

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:50 AM

I recently downloaded Comodo and got one of the alerts saying accept/block "system". I didnt know what to do and it said to block if your not sure on their popup. So i blocked it but now im confused if this is just something from my network or what not. Here is what my firewall log looks like after i blocked the first one and about 10 hours later. A whole bunch more appeared on the log. Im pretty sure "system" is the name for my own computer but i was worried that maybe another IP was accessing my data through "system"?

It has IP's in it so im not sure if its safe to post it or not. Ill just put x's and y's for the numbers.

Application| Action| Protocol| Source IP| Source Port| Destination IP| Destination Port|

System| Blocked| TCP| xxx.xxx.x.xxx| xxxx| xxx.xxx.x.xxx(The last # is different, everything else is the same)| xxx|
+~30 more like this.

The first one is different from all the rest because it has a different destination port # and the source port doesnt follow a pattern like the rest do. The rest all have the same Dest. Port and the Source Port changes on every 3rd one. so its like 5151 5151 6722 6722 1112 1112. etc.

I dont know if this stuff will be of any use at all but i appreciate anyones help.

Edited by DeepCover5, 03 December 2009 - 01:52 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users