Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i need some assistance

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bucefalo

bucefalo

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 16 September 2004 - 08:02 PM

hello people thanks for looking inside

Well, i have a problem, i tried to look for some patch in this weird patch website, and ended up qith some CRAP like "internet optimizer" dont know how though. The case is that, it sdosent let me erase it or remove it using any trojan remover, or anti virus. The horse is named DOwnloader.Dyfica.2.AN. Dont know what to do please help me. any suggestions will, be paid attention to.

thanxs

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2004 - 08:30 PM

If it is Dyfuca, it may be able to be removed by Ad-AwareSE, a free spyware removal application. Download this, update the definitions, and scan your HD. If this fails, report back and we can go from there. If you AV identifies it, then run you AV in safe mode; this may allow the removal.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 bucefalo

bucefalo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2004 - 04:33 PM

I will do this, but i dont know how to do it. I try to eliminate it with my anti virus, but it dosent remove it. Ive got AVG anti virus, and Norton 2004 (both updated)
Please more advices?

#4 bucefalo

bucefalo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2004 - 05:27 PM

I downloaded Ad.Aware SE 1.5. I looked for updates but, it was completely updated. I runned a search through HD, and it found like 234 critical files. I quaratained them, but each time new appear. The folder in which the internet optimizer is is not gone. The virus is still here, and new trojans are popping.
What to do?

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2004 - 05:31 PM

Run both programs in safe mode, disconnected from the internet. This may enable you to get rid of them.
If problems persist, submit a HIJACK this file (see instructions pinned on the HJT board) and let the experts help you.

Cheers,
John

#6 bucefalo

bucefalo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2004 - 06:58 PM

which two programs? How do i runthem in safe mode? You mean start windows in a safe mode?

#7 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2004 - 09:07 AM

Boot your computer in Safe Mode.
If you have system restore enabled, temporarily disable it, as some malware will hide themselves in the restore files. Use your Windows HELP if you are unsure about how to do this.
Then do a complete scan with Ad-Aware.
Then do a complete scan with your antivirus.
Re-enable system restore and set a restore point.

If this process fails to get rid of them, then download, run, and post the HIJACK this report on the appropriate message board. Instructions for its use are stickied at the top of the messages.

Cheers,
John

Edited by jgweed, 18 September 2004 - 09:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users