Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD IBM THINKPAD CANT BOOT TO CD

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 kiho

kiho

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:52 PM

Hi,

I am posting this for my friend so I will try to be as specific as possible. He has an IBM Thinkcentre pc and out of the blue Windows Live froze so he reboot. When he rebooted he got the BSOD. He tried every option: safemode, last known config, etc. and they all take him to the BSOD. He changed the boot order to boot from CD/DVD and then he tried a Dell WinXP Disk and a burned WinXP disk and all that happens is they boots straight to safe mode/last known good configuration screen again. It will not boot straight to disk.

Any suggestions?

He is reinstalling Vista on his laptop so he can access the web and take over from me here to get advice but if you have any ideas in the meantime I would appreciate it.

Thank you :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users