Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

need help with this set up

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 metalslugs

metalslugs

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 PM

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:34 PM

I am building a new computer and have run into a sort of problem with the molex connectors from my fans and my power supply. The fans and the Power supply cables both have female connectors and I need some sort of adapter. I have tried to find male to male adapters, but those are impossible to find. Any info on what route to go to solve this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Case: Coolermaster storm sniper with stock fans
Mobo: Asus Crosshair III
Cpu: Amd Phenom II X4 955
Graphics: XFX 8800 GTX
Hd: Seagate 500 gb
PSU: Tagan ITZ 700W

I appreciate it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 PM

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:19 PM

Which fans? It is pretty normal for the CPU fan and rear case fan to have female connectors as there are normally male headers on the mobo for them to plug in to.

#3 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:03 PM

I am looking at a pic of that PSU, and it looks like it has 6 molex plugs (male) on it. Plugs come from the PSU, sockets are on the components.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:19 AM

2 bucks at newegg.com
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#5 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2009 - 05:08 AM

The board does have 6 case fan headers as well.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#6 RainbowSix

RainbowSix

• Members
  • 604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:17 AM

An adapter is not needed. The fans have both types of connectors.
[ Antec 1200 v3 | Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 rev. 3.1 | AMD Phenom II x6 1090T (overclocked to 4GHz) | Corsair XMS3 4x4GB DDR3 1600 | COOLER MASTER Silent Pro 600W & Visiontek Juice Box 450W | SAMSUNG 470 Series 64GB SSD | WD Caviar Black 640GB & Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD | 2x XFX Radeon HD 5770 in Crossfire | SAMSUNG 22X DVD±RW | Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit]

CompTIA A+ certified
Stringfellow Electronics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users