Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Redirect malware

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Dartagnan87

Dartagnan87

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:26 PM

My current OS is XP, i have ran malwarebytes as well as McAfee with no luck in removing the infection. I'm new to the forums and would greatly appreciate any help in solving my problem.

Thank you

Edit: This started happening right after "System Defender" found its way onto my machine. The popup stated i had lots of viruses and said i needed the program, (i had seen this popup before) so i clicked the red "x" in the right corner of the window to close it and it still installed. Malwarebytes removed System Defender but i think its having problems with the other malware that came with it.

When i try to go to google.com i'm instantly redirected to google.nl.....any searches i make bring up real results but the links do now work. I have never run a hijackthis log either so not really sure what to do with that.

Edited by Dartagnan87, 02 December 2009 - 08:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users