Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Professional (Office 2003 Professional ) boots up slow

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BC_Bytes

BC_Bytes

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 02 December 2009 - 07:47 PM

The computer almost freezes and TaskManager if I can get it up shows each Office app starts up - lots of CPU then shuts down and the next app starts up.
Usually in the follwoing order:
Winword.exe
Excel.exe
PowerPoint.exe
Publisher.exe

Don't have anyting in Startup than scanner, webshots, and AVG?

I've unistalled Office 203 and computer boots up fine?
Is Office doing some sort of lookup for updates for each app? how do I turn off, rather do when if I need to?

Any advice greatly appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:28 PM

MS Office...installs a load upon any operating system.

First of all, Outlook will hijack your email function.

Then, there are update mechanisms.

Finally, there are multiple programs requiring heavy resources when they are running.

I don't know where you are getting your startup item data...but I suggest that you download/install Autoruns and take a look at the Logon tab only fi you want to see what's running at boot that you should be concerned about.

AutoRuns for Windows - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users