Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help I got the SECURITY TOOL VIRUS!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 chugg

chugg

• Members
  • 625 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 02 December 2009 - 06:07 PM

It blocks malwarebytes from working. I did extensive searches and still haven't come up with an answer for this. I cant get to the web and i cant activate rkill.

Edited by chugg, 02 December 2009 - 06:14 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monkeymshr21

Monkeymshr21

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 02 December 2009 - 06:16 PM

If you haven't tried it, some basic things you can try is to ctrl+alt+delete then go to processes and find the process and stop it. If not, restart your computer, and as soon it starts up click on malware, hopefully the virus won't start up as quickly. If those don't worry, sorry, that's all I have.

#3 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 625 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:50 PM

Thanks but didnt work. I started the cpu in safe mode then ran malware bytes and it scanned and found 20 viruses. Then i restarted and a popuo came up that said security tool installed. Then it happened all over again.

#4 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 625 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:31 AM

Om I ended up removing this virus by running malware bytes in safe mode and then restarting directly in safe mode and doing a system restore. The system restore didnt work with any other steps but these.

#5 Penlord

Penlord

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:25 PM

Good stuff.

my malware won't let me start my computer in safe mode, and it says that the setup for malwarebytes is infected with a virus, and I don't have access to the task manager, and no one is replying to any thread that I make on this site.

So instead of making another thread, I'm telling you about it.

Glad you got your problem fixed.

#6 cheungwu

cheungwu

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:29 PM

Same here. Similar problem, i don't know much about computers, repeatly posted several threads for help, plenty of people looked at the message by no one offer helps at all.

#7 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 625 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:54 PM

Are you hitting F8 as soon as you power on? Will it allow you to restore to a previous date ?

#8 rossS

rossS

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 05 December 2009 - 05:02 AM

I have the same exact problem on my home PC. Did all the tricks with MBAM but it auto closes after 2 seconds of running it. One of my virus scans pick up something, but it completely screws the computer, and it wont let me get into safe mode period..
Very flustrating virus, and a lot of people seem to be getting it.. Probably from facebook or something similar :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users