Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP-Home Computer is Infected

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 fawnlebowitz

fawnlebowitz

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 AM

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:01 PM

Dear Bleeping Computer

This issue is on a Desktop HP Pavillion running Windows XP Home.

My kids were playing on this computer and apparently ran into an infection/trojan/virus/whatever.

At one point, i couldn't get the computer to do anything, but after messing with it for the last two weeks, it seems to boot okay and run okay, but I get hinky viruses popping up when i run MalwareBytes, Combofix, Spybot, Super Anti Spyware, prevx3 and Dr. Web CurtIT.

Yes, i know i shouldn't run combofix, but i saw that recommended in another board and ran it before seeing that i shouldn't

I have been trying to muck around with it myself but i think i am wasting my time at this point and am ready to prostrate myself to this forum, admit defeat, and accept any help you can give me.

The last couple times i have run a complet scan with CureIT, i see the following bad things found:

- Batch.Virus
- ToolShutDown14
- Tool.Prockill
- Win32.Virut.56

AND the complete scan never finishes; The last time I ran it i got an error that says we24fxp.exe has encountered a problem.

Please let me know how i should start diagnosing this issue in a sensible matter.

thank you in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users