Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser Hijacker and talking ads Impossible to remove please help

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Dragonsend

Dragonsend

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:19 PM

Hi I have a browser hijacker that

Norton Internet Security
Adaware Free version
Spybot Search and Destroy
XoftSpy SE
Adaware SE Professional Version
Windows Defender
SuperAntiSpyware
(Removed Norton as it isn't the first time it has failed me) So tried
ClamWin
PCtool Free Antivirus
Avira Free Antivirus

REFUSES TO REMOVE!

Also tried some others that I installed then uninstalled because they didn't do the trick. Anyway you get the idea. The browser hijacker is still there. Anytime I search it sends me to an ad for something or a weird search engine or just somewhere else I don't want to be.

Also was having ads talk when no windows or other programs were running. Except maybe the screensaver! Yes talking ads when nothing is open. The other night I thought two men were talking and came downstairs with my club! Anyway I do think I have that removed with the last XoftSpy scan. I haven't heard it talking since the last removal of an unwanted registry change. Then again I thought the talking ads were gone for the last three days then it starts talking ads to me again so. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Help Please!

Update: Still have the talking ads!!!!!!!!!!

Update: next day. So far I have gotten rid of the browser hijacker using combo fix. Unsure about the talking ads. However feel free to close this topic. I'll figure it out on my own as I see you guys are very busy dealing with other things here. Thanks anyway. Have a nice day and Happy Holiddays.

Edited by Dragonsend, 03 December 2009 - 10:58 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users