Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 blueraider

blueraider

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 02 December 2009 - 01:05 PM

Im going to attempt to help my friend with her laptop. thing is this, it boots up fine but at the home screen all it displays is windows media player and all the other icons are gone. could they just be hidden. It was serviced before from what i understand. I know this isnt a lot of info but its all i have to go by right now.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:59 AM

Are you able to access the programs normally through the start menu? Could be someone ran the desktop clean up wizard and deleted all the short cuts. Could also be a virus.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users