Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB Ports not working

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Baloo

Baloo

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 02 December 2009 - 01:03 PM

I have a ASUS P4P800 SE motherboard with Win XP. The USB ports are not working so it didn't recognize the USB keyboard during POST. No problem I said just use the USB - PS2 adapters I have for the mouse and keyboard right. Tried that and still doesn't recognize keyboard. Tried resetting the CMOS settings thinking that might at least get me a keyboard so I can go into the BIOS and check the settings ... no dice still not recognizing the keyboard. Computer boots into Windows fine but the keyboard an dmouse son't work either through USB or using the aforementioned adapters. It is possible that the adapters are not good but without a PS2 mouse and keyboard handy I have no way of determinig this for sure. Does anyone have any ideas that may help me to get the keyboard recognized? I can't even get the system to boot from a CD or Floppy because I can't use the keyboard to get into the BIOS and change the boot order.
My suspicion is that the board may have experienced a power surge and fried the USB ports and the PS2 ports but that seems a little too coincindental.
When life hands you lemons squeeze the lemon juice right in his eye!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users