Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with VB in Excel

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 donuteh

donuteh

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:30 PM

Hi, I'm new to Visual basic and I'm sure this is probably easier to do then it is to explain for anyone who's worked with VB for a while. I'm trying to create a database that has a user friendly interface, this isn't the first one I've done, but this is the first one that I've needed help with.
My Database is actually keeping track of Maintenance work orders. it's entered in three parts but to do this I need one thing to work. the first part is when the work order is made, a reference number is assigned, the name of the person who entered the information etc... the second part is where the maintenance person would enter what was done to fix the problem and the third is the verification that was done to make sure the job is acceptable. my problem is the reference number for the second and third parts

each row is a work order, the first column is where the reference numbers are located. I need to be able to enter a reference number into a text box to find the correct row so that the rest of the information can be entered into the correct cells.

any help on this would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,
Dirk
The speed of sound is defined by the distance from door to computer divided by the time interval needed to close the media player and pull up your pants when your mom shouts "OH MY GOD WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users