Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browsers Redirect Searches

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tenkenaid

tenkenaid

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:53 AM

I had a infection that Malwarebytes discovered and deleted but after that my browser started redirecting Google searches. This happens with both IE8 and Chrome browsers. I've looked at the forums and tried to see if I could fix this on my own but it looks like I probably need to have someone guide me through the process. Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tenkenaid

tenkenaid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:44 AM

Finally got my answer which fixed my browser redirects over at SpyBot Search and Destroy. Got tired of waiting for a response here and at Malwarebytes forum so started working some more on my own. My iaStor.sys file was infected which I knew by running combofix and then uploading the file to Virus Total. http://www.virustotal.com/ By following Blade81's directions it's all clean now. Just remember this was for someone elses computer so it may not work for you. I took the risk and it worked for me. The last comment of the thread says that combofix was crashing but it didn't crash when I ran it on mine.

Here's the link if you're interested. http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=53562

Again, remember that it's best to get help from an expert for your particular computer but if you get tired of waiting like I did and have a little knowledge about computers then go for it. You do take the risk of having to reinstall your OS.

#3 littlegreenjason

littlegreenjason

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:01 AM

Glad you got your problem fixed. I've "restrained" my redirect virus but it's still there and I'm worried about security. I took some steps on my own but I'm hoping someone sees and responds to my thread soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users