Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Alternatives to Google Docs

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 doe22

doe22

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 AM

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:57 AM

Hello there,

The company I work for is looking for an alternative to Google Docs and Spreadsheets. We use these programs currently, but the issue is that we're using them all the time for collaborative stuff and the process is getting really slow. We want to store our documents on the company's server, rather than online, to give us faster access and more security. The program has to work with Windows. I was wondering if anybody knows of any software similar to Google Docs and Spreadsheets that would let us store files on our server but also let us work collaboratively. So far, the stuff I've found allows one or the other, but not both. If anybody knows of any such programs or has used one, please let me know. I'd prefer something that's free, obviously, but won't rule something good out based on price.

The programs I've looked into so far are:

Zoho
Zimbra
Peepel
ThinkFree Online

If you've used these or heard anything about them please let me know. They didn't seem right for us at first glance, but I'd like to hear from someone who's used one or more.

Or if you've used something else that sounds about right please tell me.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users