Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Digital ViewSonic won't turn on at StartUP

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JazzMahn

JazzMahn

• Members
  • 379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:20 AM

I am running Vista Ultimate on a homebuilt computer that has a Athlon 64 2400 processor and 2 gigs of RAM.

The other day I put the computer into sleep mode and it froze.

I forced a shut off and restarted. Now I hear the computer starting but my digital monitor just stays in the amber mode with a "No Signal Found" message showing.

What can I do to correct this problem.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:03 PM

I'm having some oddball problems with mine
I haven't investigated yet, but this is what I do for now
Turn off the monitor
Remove power from the computer totally, by the switch on the power supply or the plug on the wall
Give it a minute or so and power up the computer
After the post beep, turn on the monitor
Maybe it will work for you

Also don't forget to try replacing your video driver
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 JazzMahn

JazzMahn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 02 December 2009 - 02:18 PM

Thanks Garmanma,

I did just what you did but did one other thing. After shutting the computer down, I took my Nvidia 6600 GeForce video card out and then reinserted it into the express PCI slot. Seemed to do the trick.

I closed everything up and restarted and the monitor is working fine.

I think from now on I'm not going to use the sleep function with Windows Vista. Nvidia has never come out with the proper video driver for my Vista Ultimate computer. I have had problems with it grom the beginning.

All seems to be working so you might want to try and see if it helps. Let me know!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users