Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

first computer help!!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 braytyso07

braytyso07

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:25 AM

I am going for AMD since its cheaper

all i need is a CPU, motherboard, power supply and a new hardrive. Im thinking of getting a x4 620 for $120 at MSY, does it matter if i bought a DDR2 motherboard or a DDR3 motherboard if that makes sense. I was thinking it dosent matter but i just wanted to make sure.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 IrishGrimReaper

IrishGrimReaper

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:57 AM

Well since you said you don't need RAM, I assume you already have it. Whatever motherboard you get needs to be the same RAM type as the RAM you have, so yes it does matter. The layout of DDR-DDR2-DDR3 is different.

Also, how much are you willing to spend on parts? And list everything you currently have, Maker and model and what uses you will use the computer for.
|~|i7 920-D0@3.9Ghz|~|Noctua NH-U12P|~|P6T Deluxe V2|~|OcZ 3x2GB DDR3 1600Mhz|~|PNY GTX 275 898MB|~|Enermax Rev85+ 850 Watt|~|Xonar Dx 7.1|~|Lian Li P80|~|Samsung T220|~|G9|~|G11|~|Intel SSD X25M:G2-80GB|~|Windows 7 Home Premium 64|~|SteelSeries Siberia White|~|

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users