I have a Dell Dimension 4700 Windows XP Home Edition, Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 (Build 2600).
This is due to LOST and Corrupted registry by malware, adware, trojans, worms, browser hijackers. traffice advance dialers and multiple SVC Host (generic host process for Win32 Services
). Also, by me trying to fix my computer by quarantining and deleting everything. I tried to restore from the quarantine folder located c:/ quarantine/1394bus.sys
, but unfortunetly it was a no go. Yes, I am a newbie and you should have lots of laughs with this post, but we all have to start somewhere.
1. Spybot S&D - Did a scan and some corrections. The Paul Collins "Start-Up" List
showed malware, adware, trojans, worms, browser hijackers. traffice advanced dialers, , multiple generic SVC Host (generic host process for Win32 Services).* Browser(s) have been Hijacked.
* I found "unknown applications" everywhere.
* Add-Ons, Extensions and programs of unknown orign.
* script errors - (See below for details)
* Also, my Firewall Settings keep changing to Off.
* My computer is VERY SLOW.
Runtime Error: R6025 - Pure virtual function call - Program: c/programfiles/real/realplayer/realplay.exe
IE Script Error: Dell Media (PCM2.exe)
Error: Syntax Error
2. Installed the trial version from F-Secure Internet Security 2010 and nothing found, plus it removed my Avira Antivirus.
3. I did a scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (Version 1.41.) and it found nothing.
****I did some research and found out that maybe my Security Software was being overtaken. So, I deleted the old MBAM and went to their site and downloaded a fresh one. This is when I knew I was in trouble, because I received the EXACT same MBAM with all my old information. I tried to update and that was a NO GO and I keep getting the same error when I try. **MBAM - Error Code: 732 (0,0)
4. I did some deleting and quarantining with no bad effects.
5. Disk Clean-up and defraqment. What do you know, everything was back on my computer after reboot.
6. Did more deleting and I quarantined most or all the c:/windows/system32, serverpack cache files i386 and lots of other stuff/places. Not sure why I went this far..bad day I guess. ***To make matters worse, when I tried to delete these unknown applications or (look a like) legimate applications w/extensions, another copy would replicate itself 2or 3 times back into the c:/windows folder
, (eg. 16-Bit Client Thunking Server and a 32-Bit Client Thunking Server
. The name was Twain Source Manager
(Image Acquisition) "application". When it appeared into the quarantine folder it turned into a MSDOS Program. **Also something called "InstallerVise
" (MindVision Software - unvise 32 qt)
The next day, when I restarted my computer this is when I found out that I could NOT reboot back-up in normal mode completly.
**I did a Boot Log and saved it to C:/windows, so you can have a better understanding. I'm sure I did some damage and this is when you will probably LAUGH
It's okay, my pleasure.
I guess that's it for now. I know I was only supposed to do one post w/one problem, but all of this runs together to me..SORRY.
I hope I gave details and information as needed.
THANKS, and hope to hear from someone soon.