Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Fix Registry errors! HELP!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 empressofq

empressofq

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:11 AM

I had a trojan virus VUNDO.lS and I think I finally got rid of it but now I get messages on startup that modules cannot be found. I have tried everything Iknow how to except buying a registry fix tool. I have Registry Booster and it finds it but can't fix it. Please help me! Restore points before say nothing has changed can't restore.

EDIT: Log removed
Not allowed in this forum. Please try suggested solution...It will work

Edited by garmanma, 02 December 2009 - 11:17 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,236 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:33 AM

<<...nowI get messages on startup that modules cannot be found.>>

FWIW: Such messages should be expected when various forms of malware have been removed from a system. Even though known malware modules may have been removed...the system can still contain startup items that point to the malware (which is now gone).

The answer to this is NOT a registry cleaner...in fact, using such may compound finding a solution.

My suggestion would be to download/install AutoRuns for Windows - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx. After installation, take a look at the Logon tab of the utility, ignore all other tabs.

See what items are listed as your startups. If any of these match up or are connected with the modules proclaimed to be missing...temporarily disable the startup item listed on the Logon tab.

Then reboot the system and see if the same messages come up.

If you have any doubts about a listed startup item on the Logon tab...use Google to look it up and see what it pertains to...before disabling it.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users