Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Skipping when played in any program or streamed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 C03_M4NN

C03_M4NN

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:36 PM

Howdi all,

Bit of a random one that I have a temp fix for, however looking for some insight into what was / is still causing it... Here's a bit of info on what's happening and the hardware I have and software...

Any media format i'm using ex; videos, online streaming, cds, dvds, all stutter at random.

I'm using XP SP3 Corp edition, on an acer aspire 5570z laptop. has a 1.6ghz proc. with 1gb of ram.

So I have done virus scan / spyware scan, went through the Reg by hand, removed all that shouldn't be there.
Updated my atheros wireless driver, after removing it. Same goes for the Realtek high def audio card drivers..

My CPU stays at under 20% and I have killed all processes running so i'm down to apx 16 -20 at anygiven time.

Still was happening.... Fed up with it, I assumed that a format would be in order, so attempted that.

I've loaded the driver vers for my wireless - 5.3.0.45 and for the realtek ver. 5.10.0.5273

Still having the same issue even before I started reinstalling my programs again.
All updates have been done inregard to the OS as well as installed K-lite

Now for the weird part, I have now discovered the audio works perfect if I have my wireless disable , or even if I have the card enabled but disconnect from the wireless network.

Any Suggestions on where to go from here other than hard wiring to the modem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:12 PM

it appears something is accessing the network , are you DL'ding torrents? windows updates?
what program do you use for audio/video playback/streaming? do you use the same one, or have you found the same results from different players, ie:winamp, WMP, Itunes etc.
Google...Google.....browse..read

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users