Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I need help deciding on a graphics card

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MikeOdd

MikeOdd

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 01 December 2009 - 12:28 PM

I would like to run my computer through my HDTV... My comp has a VGA output and I've read I need a DVI output for the best quality... So, Basically can someone suggest a fair priced graphics card with a DVI output? And how do adapters stack up? Keep in mind this IS NOT for gaming it's for movies and hulu... Any help is appriciated...

PS... I busted my posting cherry...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MikeOdd

MikeOdd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:31 PM

Am I in the wrong category? Or am I just being ignored? Let a brother know...

#3 Eric ~ Computer Guy

Eric ~ Computer Guy

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:40 PM

Well, the prices for graphics cards, and qualities, vary dramatically. Almost all new graphics cards today, and in the past 3 or more years, have included a DVI output.

To better narrow down your inquiry, could you tell us how much you are willing to spend?

#4 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2009 - 09:27 PM

Why a DVI, why not use the HDMI output so you get audio as well?

I would suggest a mid range ATI 4XXX series as it has integrated audio. I have 2 4870s that work great with HDTVs.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#5 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:30 PM

Why a DVI, why not use the HDMI output so you get audio as well?

I would suggest a mid range ATI 4XXX series as it has integrated audio. I have 2 4870s that work great with HDTVs.

Yeah, that would be ideal.
An ATI card with HDMI output should fuel your HDTV seamlessly, more so for movies.

What kind of price range are you looking at?
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users