Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

win 7 streaming video not working

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 kellygirrl2

kellygirrl2

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 01 December 2009 - 01:18 AM

Hello, I am looking for help. Not very computer literate but I found this site heh? I was gifted a laptop, that has Windows 7 newly installed and not much on it but it keeps buffering or stalling every few seconds on any streaming video. I was on wireless but connected it and that didnt seem to help. My connection is not great, I did the speed test on speedtest.net and its getting .57MBPS to .6, although if I use a different nearby server per the suggestion of my cable internet provider, I get 1.1- 1.7MBps. Are these numbers low enough to stop it every few seconds or might it be something else I either need to download or change? I searched the forum and saw one post saying his 64 bit Win 7 wasnt working with streaming vid so he was going back to 32 bit but I dont know what that means or where to look for it.
Thanks for any help.
I'm not sure what to post to give you the info you need to help me diagnose so please let me know what to look for and I will.
kelly

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users