Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flash Player not working on specific site

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gkevans53

gkevans53

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 30 November 2009 - 10:27 PM

Flash Player Videos on my favorite local news site no longer play in IE, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari. I have used the uninstall program (downloaded from Adobe) and reinstalled, but the symptom is the same. Flash videos seem to work from any other page I visit, just not this specific one (they do work on my desktop computer).

Adobe's FAQ suggests firewall, registry, etc. type of issues. I have tried turning off the firewall and I think the uninstall was supposed to help clean up registry issue, but so far no luck.

I have recently undergone assistance in the HJT forum for removing a trojan, but I don't know if this could be related.

Any ideas??? Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:53 AM

Post a link please.

#3 gkevans53

gkevans53
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:51 AM

http://www.wthr.com/Global/category.asp?C=...p;nav=menu188_1

Thanks for looking. This is the link to the site where my laptop won't play the Flash.

FYI - I was surfing and came across another news site that gave me a message that said it could have been blocked by an ad-blocking program. I haven't had time to try to sort that out. I have installed Spyblaster as a suggestion from the HJT Forum. At this point I don't know enough about it to know how to modify/change settings that may be interfering.

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2009 - 12:48 PM

It plays fine for me. Forget about Spyware Blaster. It's not relevant. But you're on the right track. You will have to tinker around with your security settings in either your firewall, your browser or the player itself. Right click on the player and you can adjust your Flash settings in that player. Try that first.

#5 gkevans53

gkevans53
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:40 PM

Thanks frankp316, I will start exploring.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users