Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

network error with home network using Vista

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 truckinmavrick

truckinmavrick

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 30 November 2009 - 05:13 PM

I have a home network, all computers can see each other, but when i click on icon for the other computers and try to open the shared folder, it says the computer name is mis-spelled. can not share printer due to this same probelm. all computers have find other computer setting set, as well as share printer, and etc.. please tell what i am missing. the actual error code is 0x80070035 network path not found.

we are getting on the net from 1 router connected to a satellite modem. Like i said computer can see each other. and all the windows help posting is selected as per windows help. but still no avail. :thumbsup:

thanks
Paula
e-mail removed to protect from spam-bots. ~ OB

Edited by Orange Blossom, 30 November 2009 - 09:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 01 December 2009 - 07:23 AM

hi,,,, check these services are set to auto on each pc,,,,,, type in to start menu search box,,,, services ,,, hit enter,,,, then look for these services in there,,,
Workstation, DHCP Client, DNS Client, Server, TCP/IP Netbios helper, Computer Browser.
then also check the firewalls on each pc to allow networking,,,, quickest way to test if its the F/W blocking is to turn it off,, try on 2 pc's,,,, dont forget to turn them back on though
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#3 truckinmavrick

truckinmavrick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:19 PM

thanks, I did all that and temp lower the firewalls.. still same error.. very aggravating.

#4 C03_M4NN

C03_M4NN

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:32 PM

Perhaps another solution is to attempt to connect to them using their IP's in the browser address bar. If it works , you could always set your router to Static IP's and set each computer IP, making it a little easier to navigate.

#5 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:25 AM

What firewall is on each PC?

What is the make and model of your satellite modem and your router?

Not sure where the issue is but we'll figure it all out =)

Edited by CaveDweller2, 02 December 2009 - 12:41 AM.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#6 truckinmavrick

truckinmavrick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:25 AM

I will try that. I do know with XP we would already be sharing everything... What gets me is 1st it says I've mis-spelled the computer name, when i clicked on the icon of the computer that my computer found.. then it's says in the details, the error code and no network path mapped, when i can pull up a map of the network and it shows all computers in house connected to router, then the internet... and every computer on network has same error and each has Vista..

I'll let ya know if it works..

Paula :thumbsup:

#7 truckinmavrick

truckinmavrick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:07 AM

I finally got it.. the firewall, kept resetting the network discovery, even with the dang thing off.. plus i got the ip address, went in the firewall and said that network ip was trusted, etc. across the board thing, ya know.. it kept resetting the network from private to public and turning off the network discovery, and then saying that turning it on after the OS reset the settings, that the network discovery was not an option..

but now

even with firewalls up all computers can see, and play in the public folders, and share printers.. which was the objective..

thanks.
Paula :thumbsup:

#8 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:34 AM

good news indeed,,,, damn f/w, had a similar thing with mine, using 3 different firewalls on 7 pc's,,,, went to windows f/w on all and it was fine,,,,, go figure :thumbsup:
Figgis,,,, LUFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users