Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE Desktop shortcut

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tombstone

Tombstone

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 10 August 2005 - 06:45 PM

Hey peeps

After all my (as it turned out) virus problems i managed to use my reload cd successfully to reset my pc to factory settings so things are cool with the system at the moment.
The only thing is, before all my problems i could right click the internet explorer icon on my desktop and get access to the internet properties from the menu, however, since the reload, when i right click the icon i only get the properties for the shortcut and the only way i can get access to the internet properties (to dispose of the cookies etc) is to open internet explorer and go via the options menu.
I know its not important but its kind of annoying so if anyone knows how to get it back to the other way, i would really appreciate it.

:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2005 - 09:09 PM

What happens when you right click on IE in the start/programs menu?

#3 Tombstone

Tombstone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2005 - 10:15 AM

Well the strange thing is, its not in the PROGRAMS menu but when i click start, its right at the top to the left of my documents icon. when i right click on that one, i CAN get the internet properties. I have dragged that shortcut onto the desktop to replace the other one but i still cant get internet options.

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2005 - 01:39 PM

Well, that was going to be my suggestion that you do. How about copying the shorcut and then pasting it on the desktop?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users