Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BACKUP BAD DRIVE (SYSTEM IMAGE)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Deim

Deim

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:42 PM

I would like to backup a bad drive and replace it with a new drive (160gb WD in both cases)

I cannot back up the system image from the bad drive to the new drive (hangs up).

The bad drive was an upgrade from Vista to Windows 7.

What can I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:57 PM

It depends what you mean by bad drive, but I am going to take it to mean that there is data that is not physically readable? If that is the case, then you are not going to be able to back up the data since the bad disk can not be read in order to retrieve the information. Are there any errors being generated?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users