Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wast2, internet browsers

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cinnabon

cinnabon

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 16 September 2004 - 01:40 PM

Hello all. My two browsers -- IE and Netscape -- won't start up because wast2 is "not responding." The Dell technicians were of no help and think the last recourse is reinstalling Windows Me. Can I try uninstalling both browsers? how can wast2 be repaired? Thank you....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2004 - 08:20 PM

As memory serves me, Wasp2 is associated with a trojan or virus. I would suggest you update your AV defintions and do a complete scan of your HD. If you have Ad-Aware installed, or Spybot Search and Destroy, run both as well.
Once this has been done,and if the problem persists, you should download and run Hijack This, and post the results on the Hijackthis Analysis Board at BP. There is a sticky there to tell you how to download, install, run and post it's report on that board.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 programed

programed

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2004 - 12:27 AM

There is an overlay called Avant that might function as an alternate.

Also there is a stand alone ( i think ). It is called Fire Fox , as an alternate browser.

#4 cinnabon

cinnabon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2004 - 10:53 AM

Thanks for replying. All I needed to do actually was run Spy Sweeper and now everything's fine. But now I'm curious about something else. What's 180ax? It seemed to get in the way of going online so I deleted it but it keeps coming back (in the Windows folder).

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,389 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2004 - 04:45 PM

May be a hijackthis. Post a hijackthis log in the hiajckthis logs and analysis forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users