Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Burning Songs To Disc.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mattytun1514

mattytun1514

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 30 November 2009 - 09:11 AM

im using "Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 FREE" to burn songs to "TDK CD-R80" discs all is working fine until i come to play the songs then it plays the first 3 or 4 then skips the rest any ideas..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 30 November 2009 - 09:52 AM

I would try another Burner,first and see if the same issue remains.

http://cdburnerxp.se/download.php

Free and simple to use. :thumbsup:

#3 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:47 PM

I don't know exactly how to check settings in Ashampoo, but you might want to change the burn speed. Your program is probably defaulting to the maximum speed of the burner, but I've always had best results with audio CDs by burning them slowly -- I usually set the burner speed for no faster than 8X.

Anyway, this is something you should be able to try without getting new software or hardware.

#4 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2009 - 06:03 PM

I once had a similar issue,and in my case, if I listened to the song,immediately before dragging to burn,

my burner would go through the motions, and nothing on the CD when finished.

Only the songs not listened to first,burnt.

Thought it worth mentioning.

#5 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2009 - 06:34 PM

I hope I didn't sound like I was dismissing your solution -- that wasn't my intent.

#6 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2009 - 06:58 PM

I hope I didn't sound like I was dismissing your solution -- that wasn't my intent.

Of course not.We are only trying to find possible solutions. :thumbsup:

#7 nathan_s

nathan_s

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 02 December 2009 - 07:05 AM

I'd stick with slow writing and CD finalization, gives best results in most cases

#8 mattytun1514

mattytun1514
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:47 PM

Hi i tried burning at 4x but still the same plays first 4 songs then skips the rest i also tried "CDBURNERXP" and get this ................."An error occured while burning the disc.Most likely the discis not usable usally these errors happen if the inserted media is not compatible to the drive or of poor quality."

#9 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:48 PM

Well, that's a bummer!

TDK is a good brand, but even good brands can get a bad run so it's possible that you really do have some bad discs. If you can get a blank CD from another reputable brand you might try that, but at this point I wouldn't invest in a big stack. Beyond that, not all brands of blank CD-Rs are universally compatible with all makes of CD drives, so that may still be the problem.

The other possibility would be the drive. If you're lucky it might just be dusty in there and you can clean it with a little air. Use an air bulb or a can of compressed air to gently blow air into one side of the drive opening in short, gentle puffs. If you use a can of compressed air, be sure to hold the can upright in a vertical position -- you do not want any liquid refrigerant to get into the drive. Also, if you use a can of compressed air, be especially careful to use quick puffs -- the air stream will become increasingly cold and you don't want to chill the drive. (I personally use an air bulb I got in the baby care section of a big discount store -- and I use it as infrequently as possible.) Give it a few minutes and then try to burn another CD.

I personally don't use a commercial CD cleaning disc -- they're usually marketed for home CD and DVD players, and the drive in your computer can spin a lot faster than most of those drives.

#10 mattytun1514

mattytun1514
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:48 AM

working now tried diffrent discs verbatim

#11 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members