Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WinpkFilter Mininport

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 slyvb

slyvb

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 30 November 2009 - 06:58 AM

Hi
I recently discovered a virus on my computer (XP Home Edition),a root kit.I followed the set of instructions you gave me a few months back when i had the same problem and it seems to have gone.I ran malware and it said everything was fine.However,I cannot get on to the internet now,even when I ping my router it says"destination host unreachable"I tried system restore but it would'nt roll back.What I have noticed in device manager,are 7 extra entries under network adapters,they are WinpkFilter Miniport,would this be the problemas they were'nt there before?I tried to delete them but the message said it could not as they might be needed to boot up computer.I enabled 'show hidden devices"and I see something called catchme, never seen that before either.Any help or advice would be appreciated.I'm using my laptop now so I can still access the net
regards
slyvb

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users