Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help!!! BSOD after doing virus scan

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jace1884

jace1884

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 30 November 2009 - 05:25 AM

Hey guys. Need your expert advice. Been here before and you all were a great help!

I have windows XP installed in my computer, and while I was running my daily MBAM and SuperAntiSpyware checks, AntiVir came on and said it detected a trace of the worm/emold virus. I clicked "deny access" on it and continued on with the spyware scans.

Nothing was found since I did quick scans for both and just restarted my computer afterwards... Well as the boot started back on, the BSOD came up and I was frantic... I rebooted my computer again to try and get onto safe mode, however the BSOD continues to haunt me... Please I need your help. Thank You!!

-Jason

P.S. I posted this on another part of the forum, so if an admin can please delete the other thread? thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 30 November 2009 - 11:00 AM

the BSOD continues to haunt me... Please I need your help.

AND ... you need to post the BSOD error message!

To get a look at the error message presented by the BSOD (blue screen of death).
Start tapping the F8 key after you press the ON button, and continue tapping until you are presented with the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" screen.
Use the UP/DOWN arrow keys to select "Disable automatic restart on system failure" and press the <ENTER> key.
Your system will attempt to restart normally, but when it crashes, it will not re-start. Instead, you will see a BSOD with error message.
Record the error message in full detail, and post in this thread.
AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users