Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't remove software

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 onionizer

onionizer

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 10 August 2005 - 04:29 PM

Hi I 'm trying to remove some soft ware, it's a DKU-5 cable for nokia phone connection. But every time I try to do it freezes the screen..
Not sure if I've contracted something from somewhere?/
Any help please.
Cheers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 11 August 2005 - 02:06 AM

My first attempt would be to try and reinstall the software again and then try uninstalling. Sometimes the first failed uninstall attempt has removed files that are needed for a successful uninstall and the only way to fix the problem is to reinstall the application. Other than that it may mean manually removing the program from the registry which is tricky and dangerous if you don't know what you are doing.

Before you attempt a registry removal backup the registry. This tool will backup the registry for you.

If you think you are infected submit a hijackthis log here.

How to submit a hijackthis log

Download Hijackthis

Try running the following from safe mode (Getting to safe-mode) Sysclean you'll also need the virus template file from here lpt***.zip

or

DrWeb CureIT

Also try installing and running A2 Free and Ewido

I'd also run Spybot and Adaware

If your using Win2K/XP run adaware/spybot from "safe mode with command prompt"

At the C:\ prompt type the following:-

cd\
C:\progra~1\spybot~1\spybotsd.exe /autocheck /autofix
cd\
C:\progra~1\lavasoft\ad-awa~1\ad-aware.exe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users