Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with Dlink-DSL-2640b disconnects

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 EnsignJames

EnsignJames

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:49 PM

I bought and set up this modem/router about two weeks ago and ever since then it has been dropping the DSL connection randomly but frequently. I have ATT/Sbc global DSL.
I believe I have the settings right as it does get internet connection, but it just seems to lose sync randomly.
I will provide more info and logs as necessary.
thanks,
James

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 04 December 2009 - 03:55 PM

Hi,
I have been here before with my system, took me weeks to work it out.
1) replaced all phone lines from router to PC
2) Flashed router with new firmware
3) line from street to house was poor, contacted telephone provider and fixed wiring
( still not fixed)
4) Router was sent back with logs Tried new router still not fixed
5) Change the connect mode to ADL 2+ auto fall back Issue resolved
This was not an issue on a earlier model router I had (same brand) but I changed to a Voip model and this caused me issues.
MCP
MSDST

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users