Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PM/Chat Text Not Appearing In Y!Messenger

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 alien_fx_fiend

alien_fx_fiend

• Members
  • 154 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:18 PM

Recently my yahoo messenger 8.1 got messed up,I can't view text in pm and chatrooms,the text has disappeared,this has happened before when I tried installing mcafee,kaspersky,and avg (I believe they have permanently altered the state of my messenger,plus I downloaded them from a collection on a cd it could of been unsafe),I don't know what to do besides backing up my computer and formatting it!Please help! If you've got teamviewer I'd gladly show you what's wrong on my computer,and let you peruse it,my yahoo messenger id is "0011111111111101011111111111100" (without quotes). I now am forced to login to yahoo through an alternate chat client called YahElite. Here is a screenshot of my yahoo messenger with a pm already sent but not displaying..

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f84/tota...textinmessy.jpg

Oh and I recently updated to sp3 and what happened was my system protect and spyware terminator blocked some files from being overwritten (they were system files),so now when I open system restore I get a window that looks like its frozen!

Edited by alien_fx_fiend, 29 November 2009 - 07:22 PM.

~The Worlds Deceit Has Raped My Soul, We Melt The Plastic People Down Then We Melt Their Plastic Town~

alien.PNG

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zytan

Zytan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:34 PM

I am having the same problem. I cannot IM / PM anyone in Yahoo Chat. I can see them typing, but I get nothing. I reply, and they get nothing. Sometimes I can see what they are writing, but I cannot write them. What gives? I don't think this is a virus problem since lots of other people are having the same problem. Adding people as a friend makes it work, but c'mon, Chat is for talking to strangers that you don't have on your list!

You said you're forced to login with YahElite? Does Yahoo Chat work with IM / PMs with YahElite? Please let me know! Thanks!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users