Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ONCE AGAIN am i infected

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lktknow

lktknow

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 AM

Posted 29 November 2009 - 04:29 PM

A couple of months ago I asked for help in ridding my computer of (I suspected) relatives who were being more than just nosy, and had gained access to my computer by making themselves administrator level, and were able to do whatever they wanted with my computer.
You were very patient with me, as I am borderline computer literate, and helped me in many ways,
You told me the bottom line was I must reformat my hard drive in order to rid them from my computer.
I have put that off for quite some time now, mainly because of not wanting to lose all my pictures and other documents I had, and really not knowing how to back them up..
We have been playing a game of sorts of cat and mouse, with every thing they do, me trying to sabotage it, getting lucky, and accomplishing that feat.
I had grown sick and tired of the entire game, and decided to restore my computer to its original state, when to my surprise, they seem to still be here with me , even after the restoration.
Once again, I am asking for help.
does this mean they have some sort of device attached to my computer?
I am pulling my hair out by the roots.
thank you
marlene

I edited this post to tell you, I am positive that what or whoever was on the computer, is still on it even after the restoration. It is annoying to say the least.

Edited by lktknow, 29 November 2009 - 06:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users